Saturday 1 December 2012

I Survived, Did you?

Today is a day of rest!
It may be 24 days to Christmas but to heck with presents and preparations. I survived NaNoWriMo and won! I reached my 50000 plus a few more hundred with it, so today I am taking a break. I'm both elated and deflated. Elated that I stuck with it and proved to myself that I could achieve what I set my mind to. Plus that I had the discipline to set aside time and write. That I could make a committment and see it out. Deflated? yes it's over and a certain pressure is off to meet the words on a page and so I feel empty. I look at the clock and see it is time I should be at my desk, yet I know if I don't sit down tonight, I won't be playing catch up tomorrow.
So in a way, having the deadline was both inspiring and encouraging.Would I do it again, I honestly don't know. It taught me I can find the time to write each day if I want, no excuses. That deadlines help me to focus and everyone should experience NaNoWriMo at least once in their writing life! Plus I now have a good rough first draft of my second novel. Happy days.

2 comments:

  1. Mary, you are truly amazing, and i am so glad this exercise has proved productive for a second novel.
    Bravo, and I hope you have a wonderful, happy Christmas.
    BARBARA
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are uhe solid first platform for modeling newcomers to achieve there new dreams. The first to train and promote out models at our expense to avoid burden on them. Join the most popular agency if you modelling jobs in Delhi for female freshers, models, students, housewives aiming to start there modeling career. We are top modelling agency in Delhi offering modelling jobs in Delhi for upcoming female freshers or experienced models who want to join lingerie modeling agencies.


    modeling agencies in Delhi
    modeling agencies
    modeling jobs
    modeling auditions
    model coordinators
    modeling jobs in Delhi

    ReplyDelete