Wednesday 5 April 2017

California Dreaming 2017

State flag & Old Glory
I have been quiet on social media recently as I took myself off to California, USA. I had never travelled to the States before so this was an exciting trip for me, in more ways than one. I was also meeting up with some authors for some chat and sharing, all connected to writing of course!
I stayed in Hotel Huntington Beach, which proved to be a lovely hotel with friendly staff and good food.

So who did I get to meet?

First off, I met with writers, Earl Chessher and Mary Ann Osness, both living in the area and members of Fiction Writers Group (FWG). Earl is an accomplished writer with many titles under his belt https://www.amazon.com/Earl-Chessher/e/B011XZY0NS . Mary Ann is starting out and enjoying success with her debut book, Lost https://www.amazon.com/Lost-M-Osness-ebook/dp/B018EYG052


Aleigha & myself with Strider. 
Next up was a lunch with a fellow Tirgearr Publishing author, Aleigha Siron. I was thrilled to meet Aleigha. She and I enjoyed lunch at Rubies, at the end of Huntington Pier.
http://www.tirgearrpublishing.com/authors/Siron_Aleigha/index.htm
It was a pleasure to also meet her husband, Bob and her dog, Strider.







Earl, Mary Ann, Myself & Justin 
On the Friday, again it was time to meet with Mary Ann and Earl, but also joining us was another FWG writer, Justin Ames.

A lively discussion took place on all things publishing, inspiration and projects that were ongoing.
Travelling from Ireland, (11 hour direct flight with Aer Lingus) I really appreciated the hospitality and friendship shown to me by so many. It was a wonderful experience and one I intend to repeat. Now to get working on all I decided to do, motivated by all I met.


4 comments:

  1. fairy play to you Mary!! you are a woman on the move :) great to hear you enjoyed meeting like minded writers and I am sure you inspired them as much as they inspired you! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. I loved it. Looking for somewhere else to go now!
      Cheers,
      Mary

      Delete
    2. Hey Mary, I tried to post a comment but probably signed out and didn't post it. I'm clueless with this stuff. Anyway, it was such fun to visit. We must do it again. Think Yosemite and Sequoia Parks. :)
      Best wishes,
      Aleigha

      Delete
    3. Aleigha, it was wonderful to meet up. I shall return for sure. Thank you again for making the time to meet, I appreciated it.
      Mary

      Delete