Monday 22 April 2013

5 Sentence fiction - Angels

This is me having a lousy day! As it is pointed out to me below very nicely I got the prompt wrong. It is angles not angels as I read it. Sorry Lillie, sorry everyone. I'm sure angel's will come up sometime though :)
I got a chance today to take part in www.lilliemcferrin.com 5 sentence fiction for this week. Check out the site for other entrants for the challenge. Below is my mini piece.

 
Angels
His head was throbbing with pain. He needed to get some space so he decided to step out for a few minutes. The choir of angels' were in full practise mode for the next arrival.
 “I must be getting old,” St. Peter muttered quietly. Standing outside the Pearly Gates, he rubbed his forehead for relief.



4 comments:

  1. When St. Peter stepped out for a moment, did he leave the gates open, say, at an angle? A lot of people do that, you know - leave gates open at an angle... very common to do that sort of thing.

    Still, a nice story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my good God, what a silly twit I am !!! Still I am sure angels will come up sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem! I think at least a third of the folks out here started writing about angels before catching themselves - which are a lot more interesting that angles...

      Delete
    2. Thanks I got two rejections for my novel this morning :( but that is life, onwards and upwards :)

      Delete